Synonyms of concord
- 1. Concord, capital of New Hampshire
- usage: capital of the state of New Hampshire; located in south central New Hampshire on the Merrimack river
- 2. harmony, concord, concordance, order
- usage: a harmonious state of things in general and of their properties (as of colors and sounds); congruity of parts with one another and with the whole
- 3. agreement, concord, grammatical relation
- usage: the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
- 4. Concord
- usage: town in eastern Massachusetts near Boston where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought
- 5. harmony, concord, concordance, agreement
- usage: agreement of opinions
- 6. Lexington, Concord, Lexington and Concord
- usage: the first battle of the American Revolution (April 19, 1775)
- 1. harmonize, harmonise, consort, accord, concord, fit in, agree, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: go together; "The colors don't harmonize"; "Their ideas concorded"
- 2. concord, arrange, fix up
- usage: arrange by concord or agreement; "Concord the conditions for the marriage of the Prince of Wales with a commoner"
- 3. concord, arrange, set up
- usage: arrange the words of a text so as to create a concordance; "The team concorded several thousand nouns, verbs, and adjectives"
- 4. agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: be in accord; be in agreement; "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can't agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of concord (Dictionary)