WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. condescension, superciliousness, disdainfulness, arrogance, haughtiness, hauteur, high-handedness, lordliness
- usage: the trait of displaying arrogance by patronizing those considered inferior
- 2. condescension, disdain, patronage, disparagement, depreciation, derogation
- usage: a communication that indicates lack of respect by patronizing the recipient
- 3. condescension, condescendingness, affability, affableness, amiability, amiableness, bonhomie, geniality
- usage: affability to your inferiors and temporary disregard for differences of position or rank; "the queen's condescension was intended to make us feel comfortable"
All rights reserved.
See also: condescension (Dictionary)