Synonyms of conducting
- 1. conducting, administration, disposal
- usage: the way of administering a business
- 2. conducting, management, direction
- usage: the direction of an orchestra or choir; "he does not use a baton for conducting"
- 1. conduct, carry on, deal, manage, deal, care, handle
- usage: direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this"
- 2. conduct, lead, direct, perform, execute, do
- usage: lead, as in the performance of a composition; "conduct an orchestra; Barenboim conducted the Chicago symphony for years"
- 3. behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry, hold, carry, bear, act, move
- usage: behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
- 4. lead, take, direct, conduct, guide
- usage: take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
- 5. impart, conduct, transmit, convey, carry, channel, bring, convey, take
- usage: transmit or serve as the medium for transmission; "Sound carries well over water"; "The airwaves carry the sound"; "Many metals conduct heat"
- 6. conduct, perform
- usage: lead musicians in the performance of; "Bernstein conducted Mahler like no other conductor"; "she cannot conduct modern pieces"
All rights reserved.