WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confident (vs. diffident), assured, cocksure, overconfident, positive, reassured, self-assured, self-confident
- usage: having or marked by confidence or assurance; "a confident speaker"; "a confident reply"; "his manner is more confident these days"; "confident of fulfillment"
- 2. convinced(predicate), positive(predicate), confident(predicate), certain(predicate) (vs. uncertain), sure (vs. unsure)
- usage: persuaded of; very sure; "were convinced that it would be to their advantage to join"; "I am positive he is lying"; "was confident he would win"
- 3. confident, surefooted, sure-footed, capable (vs. incapable)
- usage: not liable to error in judgment or action; "most surefooted of the statesmen who dealt with the depression"- Walter Lippman; "demonstrates a surefooted storytelling talent"- Michiko Kakutani
All rights reserved.
See also: confident (Dictionary)