WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. congener, chemical, chemical substance
- usage: a minor chemical constituent that gives a wine or liquor its distinctive character
- 2. relative, congener, congenator, congeneric, organism, being
- usage: an animal or plant that bears a relationship to another (as related by common descent or by membership in the same genus)
- 3. congener, whole, unit
- usage: a whole (a thing or person) of the same kind or category as another; "lard was also used, though its congener, butter, was more frequently employed"; "the American shopkeeper differs from his European congener"
All rights reserved.
See also: congener (Dictionary)