WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth, make, create
- usage: summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic; "raise the specter of unemployment"; "he conjured wild birds in the air"; "call down the spirits from the mountain"
- 2. bid, beseech, entreat, adjure, press, conjure, plead
- usage: ask for or request earnestly; "The prophet bid all people to become good persons"
- 3. conspire, cabal, complot, conjure, machinate, plot
- usage: engage in plotting or enter into a conspiracy, swear together; "They conspired to overthrow the government"
All rights reserved.
See also: conjure (Dictionary)