WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. conscious, witting, intended (vs. unintended)
- usage: intentionally conceived; "a conscious effort to speak more slowly"; "a conscious policy"
- 2. conscious (vs. unconscious), self-conscious, self-aware, semiconscious, sentient, awake, aware#1, cognizant#1, cognisant, sensible#2, sensitive, voluntary
- usage: knowing and perceiving; having awareness of surroundings and sensations and thoughts; "remained conscious during the operation"; "conscious of his faults"; "became conscious that he was being followed"
- 3. conscious(predicate), aware(predicate) (vs. unaware), cognizant, cognisant
- usage: (followed by `of') showing realization or recognition of something; "few voters seem conscious of the issue's importance"; "conscious of having succeeded"; "the careful tread of one conscious of his alcoholic load"- Thomas Hardy
All rights reserved.
See also: conscious (Dictionary)