- 1. ordain, consecrate, ordinate, order, invest, vest, enthrone
- usage: appoint to a clerical posts; "he was ordained in the Church"
- 2. give, dedicate, consecrate, commit, devote, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause; "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one's talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
- 3. vow, consecrate, give, dedicate, consecrate, commit, devote
- usage: dedicate to a deity by a vow
- 4. consecrate, bless, hallow, sanctify, declare
- usage: render holy by means of religious rites
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consecrated (vs. desecrated), consecrate, dedicated, ordained, votive, holy, sacred
- usage: solemnly dedicated to or set apart for a high purpose; "a life consecrated to science"; "the consecrated chapel"; "a chapel dedicated to the dead of World War II"
All rights reserved.
See also: consecrate (Dictionary)