WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dwell, consist, lie, lie in, exist, be
- usage: originate (in); "The problems dwell in the social injustices in this country"
- 2. consist, be
- usage: have its essential character; be comprised or contained in; be embodied in; "The payment consists in food"; "What does love consist in?"
- 3. consist, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: be consistent in form, tenor, or character; be congruous; "Desires are to be satisfied only so far as consists with an approved end"
- 4. consist, comprise, be
- usage: be composed of; "The land he conquered comprised several provinces"; "What does this dish consist of?"
All rights reserved.
See also: consist (Dictionary)