- 1. consolidate, unify, unite, merge
- usage: unite into one; "The companies consolidated"
- 2. consolidate, strengthen
- usage: make firm or secure; strengthen; "consolidate one's gains"; "consolidate one's hold on first place"
- 3. consolidate, unite, unify, merge
- usage: bring together into a single whole or system; "The town and county schools are being consolidated"
- 4. consolidate, solidify
- usage: form into a solid mass or whole; "The mud had consolidated overnight"
- 5. consolidate, solidify
- usage: make or form into a solid or hardened mass; "consolidate fibers into boards"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amalgamate, amalgamated, coalesced, consolidated, fused, united (vs. divided)
- usage: joined together into a whole; "United Industries"; "the amalgamated colleges constituted a university"; "a consolidated school"
- 2. consolidated, compact (vs. loose)
- usage: forming a solid mass
All rights reserved.
See also: consolidated (Dictionary)