- 1. consonant, phone, speech sound, sound
- usage: a speech sound that is not a vowel
- 2. consonant, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: a letter of the alphabet standing for a spoken consonant
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consonant, harmonic, harmonical, harmonized, harmonised, harmonious (vs. inharmonious)
- usage: involving or characterized by harmony
- 2. accordant, agreeable, conformable, consonant, concordant, consistent (vs. inconsistent)
- usage: in keeping; "salaries agreeable with current trends"; "plans conformable with your wishes"; "expressed views concordant with his background"
All rights reserved.
See also: consonant (Dictionary)