Synonyms of contact
- 1. contact, interaction
- usage: close interaction; "they kept in daily contact"; "they claimed that they had been in contact with extraterrestrial beings"
- 2. contact, physical contact, touch, touching
- usage: the act of touching physically; "her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
- 3. contact, connection, link, connectedness
- usage: the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity; "litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
- 4. contact, impinging, striking, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: the physical coming together of two or more things; "contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull"
- 5. contact, middleman, representative
- usage: a person who is in a position to give you special assistance; "he used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
- 6. liaison, link, contact, inter-group communication, channel, communication channel, line
- usage: a channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
- 7. contact, tangency, junction, conjunction
- usage: (electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact; "they forget to solder the contacts"
- 8. contact, touch, communication, communicating
- usage: a communicative interaction; "the pilot made contact with the base"; "he got in touch with his colleagues"
- 9. contact, contact lens, lens, lense, lens system
- usage: a thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication
- 1. reach, get through, get hold of, contact, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: be in or establish communication with; "Our advertisements reach millions"; "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
- 2. touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: be in direct physical contact with; make contact; "The two buildings touch"; "Their hands touched"; "The wire must not contact the metal cover"; "The surfaces contact at this point"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of contact (Dictionary)