Synonyms of contention
- 1. contention, assertion, averment, asseveration
- usage: a point asserted as part of an argument
- 2. controversy, contention, contestation, disputation, disceptation, tilt, argument, arguing, dispute, difference, difference of opinion, conflict
- usage: a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement; "they were involved in a violent argument"
- 3. competition, contention, rivalry, group action
- usage: the act of competing as for profit or a prize; "the teams were in fierce contention for first place"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of contention (Dictionary)