Synonyms of contributing
- 1. lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring, change, alter, modify
- usage: bestow a quality on; "Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company"; "The music added a lot to the play"; "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings"; "This adds a light note to the program"
- 2. contribute, give, chip in, kick in, give
- usage: contribute to some cause; "I gave at the office"
- 3. contribute, lead, conduce, promote, advance, boost, further, encourage
- usage: be conducive to; "The use of computers in the classroom lead to better writing"
- 4. put up, contribute, pay
- usage: provide; "The city has to put up half the required amount"
- 1. conducive, contributing(prenominal), contributive, contributory, tributary, causative (vs. noncausative)
- usage: tending to bring about; being partly responsible for; "working conditions are not conducive to productivity"; "the seaport was a contributing factor in the growth of the city"; "a contributory factor"
All rights reserved.