- 1. convertible, car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar
- usage: a car that has top that can be folded or removed
- 2. convertible, convertible security, security, certificate
- usage: a corporate security (usually bonds or preferred stock) that can be exchanged for another form of security (usually common stock)
- 3. convertible, sofa bed, sofa, couch, lounge
- usage: a sofa that can be converted into a bed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. convertible (vs. inconvertible), exchangeable, cashable, redeemable
- usage: capable of being exchanged for or replaced by something of equal value; "convertible securities"
- 2. convertible, adaptable (vs. unadaptable)
- usage: designed to be changed from one use or form to another; "a convertible sofa"; "a convertible coupe"
- 3. convertible, transformable, translatable, transmutable, commutable (vs. incommutable)
- usage: capable of being changed in substance as if by alchemy; "is lead really transmutable into gold?"; "ideas translatable into reality"
All rights reserved.
See also: convertible (Dictionary)