WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. convey, impart, leave, give, pass on
- usage: make known; pass on, of information; "She conveyed the message to me"
- 2. carry, convey, express, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
- 3. convey, transmit, communicate, transfer
- usage: transfer to another; "communicate a disease"
- 4. convey, transfer
- usage: transmit a title or property
- 5. impart, conduct, transmit, convey, carry, channel, bring, convey, take
- usage: transmit or serve as the medium for transmission; "Sound carries well over water"; "The airwaves carry the sound"; "Many metals conduct heat"
- 6. bring, convey, take, transport, carry
- usage: take something or somebody with oneself somewhere; "Bring me the box from the other room"; "Take these letters to the boss"; "This brings me to the main point"
- 7. bring, get, convey, fetch, transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise
- usage: go or come after and bring or take back; "Get me those books over there, please"; "Could you bring the wine?"; "The dog fetched the hat"
All rights reserved.
See also: convey (Dictionary)