WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. convulse, amuse
- usage: make someone convulse with laughter; "The comedian convulsed the crowd"
- 2. convulse, laugh, express joy, express mirth
- usage: be overcome with laughter
- 3. convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate, shake, agitate
- usage: move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
- 4. convulse, shake, agitate
- usage: shake uncontrollably; "earthquakes convulsed the countryside"
- 5. convulse, compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press
- usage: cause to contract; "The spasm convulses her facial muscles"
- 6. convulse, compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press
- usage: contract involuntarily, as in a spasm; "The muscles in her face convulsed"
All rights reserved.
See also: convulse (Dictionary)