WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree, equal, be
- usage: be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- 2. equate, correspond, equal, be
- usage: be equivalent or parallel, in mathematics
- 3. correspond
- usage: exchange messages; "My Russian pen pal and I have been corresponding for several years"
- 4. represent, stand for, correspond, equal, be
- usage: take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to; "Because of the sound changes in the course of history, an 'h' in Greek stands for an 's' in Latin"
All rights reserved.
See also: correspond (Dictionary)