Synonyms of corroding
- 1. corrosion, corroding, erosion, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: erosion by chemical action
- 1. corrode, eat, rust, damage
- usage: cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid; "The acid corroded the metal"; "The steady dripping of water rusted the metal stopper in the sink"
- 2. corrode, rust, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: become destroyed by water, air, or a corrosive such as an acid; "The metal corroded"; "The pipes rusted"
All rights reserved.