Synonyms of counterbalance
- 1. counterweight, counterbalance, counterpoise, balance, equalizer, equaliser, weight
- usage: a weight that balances another weight
- 2. balance, equilibrium, equipoise, counterbalance, structure, construction
- usage: equality of distribution
- 3. counterbalance, offset, compensation
- usage: a compensating equivalent
- 1. compensate, counterbalance, correct, make up, even out, even off, even up, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
- 2. oppose, counterbalance, contrast, counterpoint
- usage: contrast with equal weight or force
- 3. counteract, countervail, neutralize, counterbalance, cancel, offset, set off
- usage: oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary actions; "This will counteract the foolish actions of my colleagues"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of counterbalance (Dictionary)