- 1. covenant, compact, concordat, written agreement
- usage: a signed written agreement between two or more parties (nations) to perform some action
- 2. covenant, agreement, understanding
- usage: (Bible) an agreement between God and his people in which God makes certain promises and requires certain behavior from them in return
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. covenant, pledge, plight
- usage: enter into a covenant
- 2. covenant, pledge, plight
- usage: enter into a covenant or formal agreement; "They covenanted with Judas for 30 pieces of silver"; "The nations covenanted to fight terrorism around the world"
All rights reserved.
See also: covenant (Dictionary)