- 1. crab, decapod crustacean, decapod
- usage: decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers
- 2. crab, crabby person, grouch, grump, crank, churl, crosspatch
- usage: a quarrelsome grouch
- 3. Cancer, Crab, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Cancer
- 4. Cancer, Cancer the Crab, Crab
- usage: the fourth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about June 21 to July 22
- 5. crab, crabmeat, shellfish
- usage: the edible flesh of any of various crabs
- 6. crab louse, pubic louse, crab, Phthirius pubis, louse, sucking louse
- usage: a louse that infests the pubic region of the human body
- 7. crab, rowing, row
- usage: a stroke of the oar that either misses the water or digs too deeply; "he caught a crab and lost the race"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crab, steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise
- usage: direct (an aircraft) into a crosswind
- 2. crab, scurry, scamper, skitter, scuttle
- usage: scurry sideways like a crab
- 3. crab, fish
- usage: fish for crab
- 4. gripe, bitch, grouse, crab, beef, squawk, bellyache, holler, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: complain; "What was he hollering about?"
All rights reserved.
See also: crab (Dictionary)