- 1. cradle, baby bed, baby's bed
- usage: a baby bed with sides and rockers
- 2. birthplace, cradle, place of origin, provenance, provenience, beginning, origin, root, rootage, source
- usage: where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence; "the birthplace of civilization"
- 3. cradle, birth
- usage: birth of a person; "he was taught from the cradle never to cry"
- 4. rocker, cradle, trough
- usage: a trough that can be rocked back and forth; used by gold miners to shake auriferous earth in water in order to separate the gold
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cradle, hold, take hold
- usage: hold gently and carefully; "He cradles the child in his arms"
- 2. cradle, rear, raise, bring up, nurture, parent
- usage: bring up from infancy
- 3. cradle, hold, take hold
- usage: hold or place in or as if in a cradle; "He cradled the infant in his arms"
- 4. cradle, cut
- usage: cut grain with a cradle scythe
- 5. cradle, wash, launder
- usage: wash in a cradle; "cradle gold"
- 6. cradle, play
- usage: run with the stick
All rights reserved.
See also: cradle (Dictionary)