WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jam, jampack, ram, chock up, cram, wad, stuff
- usage: crowd or pack to capacity; "the theater was jampacked"
- 2. cram, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put something somewhere so that the space is completely filled; "cram books into the suitcase"
- 3. cram, grind away, drum, bone up, swot, get up, mug up, swot up, bone, study, hit the books
- usage: study intensively, as before an exam; "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
- 4. cram, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: prepare (students) hastily for an impending exam
All rights reserved.
See also: cram (Dictionary)