- 1. spasm, cramp, muscle spasm, symptom
- usage: a painful and involuntary muscular contraction
- 2. cramp, clamp, clinch
- usage: a clamp for holding pieces of wood together while they are glued
- 3. cramp, cramp iron, strip, slip
- usage: a strip of metal with ends bent at right angles; used to hold masonry together
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cramp, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure with a cramp; "cramp the wood"
- 2. hamper, halter, cramp, strangle, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
- 3. cramp, affect
- usage: affect with or as if with a cramp
- 4. cramp, suffer, sustain, have, get
- usage: suffer from sudden painful contraction of a muscle
All rights reserved.
See also: cramp (Dictionary)