Synonyms of crane
- 1. Crane, Stephen Crane
- usage: United States writer (1871-1900)
- 2. Crane, Hart Crane, Harold Hart Crane
- usage: United States poet (1899-1932)
- 3. Grus, Crane
- usage: a small constellation in the southern hemisphere near Phoenix
- 4. crane, lifting device
- usage: lifts and moves heavy objects; lifting tackle is suspended from a pivoted boom that rotates around a vertical axis
- 5. crane, wading bird, wader
- usage: large long-necked wading bird of marshes and plains in many parts of the world
- 1. crane, stretch out, stretch, extend
- usage: stretch (the neck) so as to see better; "The women craned their necks to see the President drive by"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of crane (Dictionary)