Synonyms of crashing
- 1. crash, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: fall or come down violently; "The branch crashed down on my car"; "The plane crashed in the sea"
- 2. crash, move
- usage: move with, or as if with, a crashing noise; "The car crashed through the glass door"
- 3. crash, ram, collide, clash
- usage: undergo damage or destruction on impact; "the plane crashed into the ocean"; "The car crashed into the lamp post"
- 4. crash, pass, go through, go across
- usage: move violently as through a barrier; "The terrorists crashed the gate"
- 5. crash, break up, break apart, disintegrate
- usage: break violently or noisily; smash;
- 6. crash, occupy, reside, lodge in
- usage: occupy, usually uninvited; "My son's friends crashed our house last weekend"
- 7. crash, sound, go
- usage: make a sudden loud sound; "the waves crashed on the shore and kept us awake all night"
- 8. barge in, crash, gate-crash, intrude, irrupt
- usage: enter uninvited; informal; "let's crash the party!"
- 9. crash, collide
- usage: cause to crash; "The terrorists crashed the plane into the palace"; "Mother crashed the motorbike into the lamppost"
- 10. crash, dash, hurl, hurtle, cast
- usage: hurl or thrust violently; "He dashed the plate against the wall"; "Waves were dashing against the rock"
- 11. crash, change
- usage: undergo a sudden and severe downturn; "the economy crashed"; "will the stock market crash again?"
- 12. crash, go down, fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down
- usage: stop operating; "My computer crashed last night"; "The system goes down at least once a week"
- 13. doss, doss down, crash, bed down, bunk down
- usage: sleep in a convenient place; "You can crash here, though it's not very comfortable"
- 1. bally(prenominal), blinking(prenominal), bloody(prenominal), blooming(prenominal), crashing(prenominal), flaming(prenominal), fucking(prenominal), unmitigated (vs. mitigated)
- usage: informal intensifiers; "what a bally (or blinking) nuisance"; "a bloody fool"; "a crashing bore"; "you flaming idiot"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of crashing (Dictionary)