- 1. recognition, credit, approval, commendation
- usage: approval; "give her recognition for trying"; "he was given credit for his work"; "give her credit for trying"
- 2. credit, assets
- usage: money available for a client to borrow
- 3. credit, credit entry, entry, accounting entry, ledger entry
- usage: an accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items
- 4. credit, accomplishment, achievement
- usage: used in the phrase `to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise; "she already had several performances to her credit";
- 5. credit, deferred payment, payment
- usage: arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
- 6. credit, course credit, attainment
- usage: recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed; typically measured in semester hours
- 7. citation, cite, acknowledgment, credit, reference, mention, quotation, note, annotation, notation
- usage: a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
- 8. credit, title
- usage: an entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work; "the credits were given at the end of the film"
- 9. credit rating, credit, estimate, estimation, approximation, idea
- usage: an estimate, based on previous dealings, of a person's or an organization's ability to fulfill their financial commitments
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. credit, impute, ascribe, assign, attribute
- usage: give someone credit for something; "We credited her for saving our jobs"
- 2. accredit, credit, impute, ascribe, assign, attribute
- usage: ascribe an achievement to; "She was not properly credited in the program"
- 3. credit, account, calculate
- usage: accounting: enter as credit; "We credit your account with $100"
- 4. credit, trust, swear, rely, bank
- usage: have trust in; trust in the truth or veracity of
All rights reserved.
See also: credit (Dictionary)