- 1. Creole, American
- usage: a person of European descent born in the West Indies or Latin America
- 2. Creole, American
- usage: a person descended from French ancestors in southern United States (especially Louisiana)
- 3. creole, natural language, tongue
- usage: a mother tongue that originates from contact between two languages
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Creole
- usage: of or relating to a language that arises from contact between two other languages and has features of both; "Creole grammars"
- 2. Creole
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of native-born persons of French descent in Louisiana; "Creole cooking"
All rights reserved.
See also: creole (Dictionary)