Synonyms of crossed
- 1. traverse, track, cover, cross, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across, pass, go through, go across
- usage: travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
- 2. intersect, cross, meet, run into, encounter, run across, come across, see
- usage: meet at a point
- 3. thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- 4. cross, fold, fold up, turn up
- usage: fold so as to resemble a cross; "she crossed her legs"
- 5. cross, traverse, span, sweep, cover, continue, extend
- usage: to cover or extend over an area or time period; "Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres"; "The novel spans three centuries"
- 6. cross, intersect, cross
- usage: meet and pass; "the trains crossed"
- 7. cross, write
- usage: trace a line through or across; "cross your `t'"
- 8. crossbreed, cross, hybridize, hybridise, interbreed, breed
- usage: breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties; "cross a horse and a donkey"; "Mendel tried crossbreeding"; "these species do not interbreed"
- 1. crossed (vs. uncrossed), crosstown, cross-town, decussate, intersectant, intersecting
- usage: placed crosswise; "spoken with a straight face but crossed fingers"; "crossed forks"; "seated with arms across"
- 2. crossed (vs. uncrossed)
- usage: (of a check) marked for deposit only as indicated by having two lines drawn across it
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of crossed (Dictionary)