- 1. crosswise (vs. lengthwise), cross(prenominal), transverse, transversal, thwartwise, cross-section(prenominal), cross-sectional
- usage: lying or extending across the length of a thing or in a cross direction; "a crosswise street"; "the crosswise dimension"
- 2. crosswise, horizontal (vs. vertical) (vs. inclined)
- usage: in the shape of (a horizontal piece on) a cross
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crosswise
- usage: not in the intended manner; "things are going crosswise"
- 2. across, crosswise, crossways
- usage: transversely; "the marble slabs were cut across"
All rights reserved.
See also: crosswise (Dictionary)