- 1. crow, corvine bird
- usage: black birds having a raucous call
- 2. crow, cry
- usage: the cry of a cock (or an imitation of it)
- 3. Crow, Sioux, Siouan
- usage: a member of the Siouan people formerly living in eastern Montana
- 4. Corvus, Crow
- usage: a small quadrilateral constellation in the southern hemisphere near Virgo
- 5. brag, bragging, crow, crowing, vaporing, line-shooting, gasconade, boast, boasting, self-praise, jactitation
- usage: an instance of boastful talk; "his brag is worse than his fight"; "whenever he won we were exposed to his gasconade"
- 6. Crow, Siouan, Siouan language
- usage: a Siouan language spoken by the Crow
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gloat, triumph, crow, boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade
- usage: dwell on with satisfaction
- 2. crow, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: express pleasure verbally; "She crowed with joy"
- 3. crow, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter shrill sounds; "The cocks crowed all morning"
All rights reserved.
See also: crow (Dictionary)