- 1. crowd, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a large number of things or people considered together; "a crowd of insects assembled around the flowers"
- 2. crowd, crew, gang, bunch, gathering, assemblage
- usage: an informal body of friends; "he still hangs out with the same crowd"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. herd, crowd, move, displace
- usage: cause to herd, drive, or crowd together; "We herded the children into a spare classroom"
- 2. crowd, occupy, fill
- usage: fill or occupy to the point of overflowing; "The students crowded the auditorium"
- 3. crowd, crowd together, meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
- usage: to gather together in large numbers; "men in straw boaters and waxed mustaches crowded the verandah"
- 4. push, crowd, approach, near, come on, go up, draw near, draw close, come near
- usage: approach a certain age or speed; "She is pushing fifty"
All rights reserved.
See also: crowd (Dictionary)