Synonyms of crown
- 1. Crown, symbol
- usage: the Crown (or the reigning monarch) as the symbol of the power and authority of a monarchy; "the colonies revolted against the Crown"
- 2. crown, top
- usage: the part of a tooth above the gum that is covered with enamel
- 3. crown, wreath, garland, coronal, chaplet, lei
- usage: a wreath or garland worn on the head to signify victory
- 4. crown, diadem, jewelled headdress, jeweled headdress, crown jewels
- usage: an ornamental jeweled headdress signifying sovereignty
- 5. crown, vertex, peak, apex, acme
- usage: the part of a hat (the vertex) that covers the crown of the head
- 6. crown, coin
- usage: an English coin worth 5 shillings
- 7. crown, treetop, top
- usage: the upper branches and leaves of a tree or other plant
- 8. peak, crown, crest, top, tip, summit, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
- 9. pennant, crown, award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels
- usage: the award given to the champion
- 10. pate, poll, crown, top, top side, upper side, upside
- usage: the top of the head
- 11. crown, crownwork, jacket, jacket crown, cap, dental appliance
- usage: (dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth; "tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown"
- 12. crown, crest, top, top side, upper side, upside
- usage: the center of a cambered road
- 1. crown, coronate, invest, vest, enthrone
- usage: invest with regal power; enthrone; "The prince was crowned in Westminster Abbey"
- 2. crown, top, culminate, climax
- usage: be the culminating event; "The speech crowned the meeting"
- 3. crown, head
- usage: form the topmost part of; "A weather vane crowns the building"
- 4. crown, cover
- usage: put an enamel cover on; "crown my teeth"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of crown (Dictionary)