WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crucial (vs. noncrucial), important, critical, decisive, life-and-death, life-or-death, pivotal, polar, critical, decisive, essential
- usage: of extreme importance; vital to the resolution of a crisis; "a crucial moment in his career"; "a crucial election"; "a crucial issue for women"
- 2. crucial, material (vs. immaterial)
- usage: having crucial relevance; "crucial to the case"; "relevant testimony"
- 3. all-important(prenominal), all important(predicate), crucial, essential, of the essence(predicate), important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: of the greatest importance; "the all-important subject of disarmament"; "crucial information"; "in chess cool nerves are of the essence"
All rights reserved.
See also: crucial (Dictionary)