Synonyms of crusade
- 1. campaign, cause, crusade, drive, movement, effort, venture
- usage: a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
- 2. Crusade, expedition, military expedition, hostile expedition
- usage: any of the more or less continuous military expeditions in the 11th to 13th centuries when Christian powers of Europe tried to recapture the Holy Land from the Muslims
- 1. crusade, fight, press, campaign, push, agitate, advertise, advertize, promote, push
- usage: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- 2. crusade, campaign, take the field
- usage: go on a crusade; fight a holy war
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of crusade (Dictionary)