Synonyms of cryptic
- 1. cryptic, cryptical, deep, inscrutable, mysterious, mystifying, inexplicable (vs. explicable), incomprehensible
- usage: of an obscure nature; "the new insurance policy is written without cryptic or mysterious terms"; "a deep dark secret"; "the inscrutable workings of Providence"; "in its mysterious past it encompasses all the dim origins of life"- Rachel Carson; "rituals totally mystifying to visitors from other lands"
- 2. cabalistic, kabbalistic, qabalistic, cryptic, cryptical, sibylline, esoteric (vs. exoteric)
- usage: having a secret or hidden meaning; "cabalistic symbols engraved in stone"; "cryptic writings"; "thoroughly sibylline in most of his pronouncements"- John Gunther
- 3. cryptic, concise (vs. prolix)
- usage: having a puzzling terseness; "a cryptic note"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cryptic (Dictionary)