WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. culminate, climax, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: end, especially to reach a final or climactic stage; "The meeting culminated in a tearful embrace"
- 2. culminate, end, terminate
- usage: bring to a head or to the highest point; "Seurat culminated pointillism"
- 3. culminate, achieve, accomplish, attain, reach
- usage: reach the highest or most decisive point
- 4. culminate, reach, make, attain, hit, arrive at, gain
- usage: reach the highest altitude or the meridian, of a celestial body
- 5. culminate, form
- usage: rise to, or form, a summit; "The helmet culminated in a crest"
All rights reserved.
See also: culminate (Dictionary)