WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cultivate
- usage: foster the growth of
- 2. cultivate, crop, work, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: prepare for crops; "Work the soil"; "cultivate the land"
- 3. educate, school, train, cultivate, civilize, civilise, polish, refine, fine-tune, down
- usage: teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment; "Cultivate your musical taste"; "Train your tastebuds"; "She is well schooled in poetry"
- 4. domesticate, cultivate, naturalize, naturalise, tame, adapt, accommodate
- usage: adapt (a wild plant or unclaimed land) to the environment; "domesticate oats"; "tame the soil"
All rights reserved.
See also: cultivate (Dictionary)