Synonyms of cultivation
- 1. cultivation, socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation
- usage: socialization through training and education to develop one's mind or manners; "her cultivation was remarkable"
- 2. cultivation, production
- usage: (agriculture) production of food by preparing the land to grow crops (especially on a large scale)
- 3. polish, refinement, culture, cultivation, finish, perfection, flawlessness, ne plus ultra
- usage: a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality; "they performed with great polish"; "I admired the exquisite refinement of his prose"; "almost an inspiration which gives to all work that finish which is almost art"--Joseph Conrad
- 4. cultivation, growth, growing, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
- usage: the process of fostering the growth of something; "the cultivation of bees for honey"
- 5. cultivation, production
- usage: the act of raising or growing plants (especially on a large scale)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cultivation (Dictionary)