- 1. craft, craftiness, cunning, foxiness, guile, slyness, wiliness, shrewdness, astuteness, perspicacity, perspicaciousness
- usage: shrewdness as demonstrated by being skilled in deception
- 2. cunning, artfulness
- usage: crafty artfulness (especially in deception)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cunning, cute, attractive (vs. unattractive)
- usage: attractive especially by means of smallness or prettiness or quaintness; "a cute kid with pigtails"; "a cute little apartment"; "cunning kittens"; "a cunning baby"
- 2. crafty, cunning, dodgy, foxy, guileful, knavish, slick, sly, tricksy, tricky, wily, artful (vs. artless)
- usage: marked by skill in deception; "cunning men often pass for wise"; "deep political machinations"; "a foxy scheme"; "a slick evasive answer"; "sly as a fox"; "tricky Dick"; "a wily old attorney"
- 3. clever, cunning, ingenious, adroit (vs. maladroit)
- usage: showing inventiveness and skill; "a clever gadget"; "the cunning maneuvers leading to his success"; "an ingenious solution to the problem"
All rights reserved.
See also: cunning (Dictionary)