Synonyms of cut out
- 1. cutout, switch, electric switch, electrical switch
- usage: a switch that interrupts an electric circuit in the event of an overload
- 2. cutout, photographic print, print
- usage: a photograph from which the background has been cut away
- 3. cutout, part, portion
- usage: a part that is cut out or is intended to be cut out
- 1. cut out, extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with
- usage: delete or remove; "Cut out the extra text"; "cut out the newspaper article"
- 2. cut out, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form and create by cutting out; "Picasso cut out a guitar from a piece of paper"
- 3. cut off, cut out, intercept, stop
- usage: cut off and stop; "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
- 4. scratch out, cut out, erase, rub out, score out, efface, wipe off
- usage: strike or cancel by or as if by rubbing or crossing out; "scratch out my name on that list"
- 5. cut down, cut out, check, turn back, arrest, stop, contain, hold back
- usage: intercept (a player)
- 6. cut out, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: cease operating; "The pump suddenly cut out"
- 1. cut out, cut (vs. uncut)
- usage: having been cut out; "the cut-out pieces of the dress"
All rights reserved.