Synonyms of cutting out
- 1. ablation, extirpation, cutting out, excision, operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process
- usage: surgical removal of a body part or tissue
- 1. cut out, extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with
- usage: delete or remove; "Cut out the extra text"; "cut out the newspaper article"
- 2. cut out, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form and create by cutting out; "Picasso cut out a guitar from a piece of paper"
- 3. cut off, cut out, intercept, stop
- usage: cut off and stop; "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
- 4. scratch out, cut out, erase, rub out, score out, efface, wipe off
- usage: strike or cancel by or as if by rubbing or crossing out; "scratch out my name on that list"
- 5. cut down, cut out, check, turn back, arrest, stop, contain, hold back
- usage: intercept (a player)
- 6. cut out, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: cease operating; "The pump suddenly cut out"
All rights reserved.