- 1. cycle, rhythm, round, time interval, interval
- usage: an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs; "the never-ending cycle of the seasons"
- 2. cycle, series
- usage: a series of poems or songs on the same theme; "Schubert's song cycles"
- 3. cycle, repeat, repetition
- usage: a periodically repeated sequence of events; "a cycle of reprisal and retaliation"
- 4. hertz, Hz, cycle per second, cycles/second, cps, cycle, rate
- usage: the unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second
- 5. cycle, oscillation, periodic event, recurrent event
- usage: a single complete execution of a periodically repeated phenomenon; "a year constitutes a cycle of the seasons"
- 6. bicycle, bike, wheel, cycle, wheeled vehicle
- usage: a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cycle, pass, make pass
- usage: cause to go through a recurring sequence; "cycle the laundry in this washing program"
- 2. cycle, pass, go through, go across
- usage: pass through a cycle; "This machine automatically cycles"
- 3. motorbike, motorcycle, cycle, ride
- usage: ride a motorcycle
- 4. bicycle, cycle, bike, pedal, wheel, ride
- usage: ride a bicycle
- 5. cycle, recur, repeat
- usage: recur in repeating sequences
All rights reserved.
See also: cycle (Dictionary)