WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dally, toy, play, flirt, act, move
- usage: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"
- 2. dally, dawdle, act, behave, do
- usage: waste time; "Get busy--don't dally!"
- 3. chat up, flirt, dally, butterfly, coquet, coquette, romance, philander, mash, talk, speak
- usage: talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions; "The guys always try to chat up the new secretaries"; "My husband never flirts with other women"
- 4. dally, trifle, play, consider, take, deal, look at
- usage: consider not very seriously; "He is trifling with her"; "She plays with the thought of moving to Tasmania"
All rights reserved.
See also: dally (Dictionary)