- 1. damned, people
- usage: people who are condemned to eternal punishment; "he felt he had visited the realm of the damned"
- 1. curse, beshrew, damn, bedamn, anathemize, anathemise, imprecate, maledict, raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth
- usage: wish harm upon; invoke evil upon; "The bad witch cursed the child"
- 1. blasted, blame, blamed, blessed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal, cursed (vs. blessed), curst
- usage: expletives used informally as intensifiers; "he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "an infernal nuisance"
- 2. cursed, damned, doomed, unredeemed, unsaved, lost (vs. saved)
- usage: in danger of the eternal punishment of Hell; "poor damned souls"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. damned, damnably, cursedly
- usage: in a damnable manner; "kindly Arthur--so damnably , politely , endlessly persistent!"
All rights reserved.
See also: damned (Dictionary)