Synonyms of damp
- 1. damp, dampness, moistness, wetness
- usage: a slight wetness
- 1. muffle, mute, dull, damp, dampen, tone down, soften
- usage: deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
- 2. damp, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: restrain or discourage; "the sudden bad news damped the joyous atmosphere"
- 3. dampen, deaden, damp, dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break
- usage: make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible; "muffle the message"
- 4. dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break, deaden, blunt
- usage: lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- 1. damp, dampish, moist, wet (vs. dry)
- usage: slightly wet; "clothes damp with perspiration"; "a moist breeze"; "eyes moist with tears"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of damp (Dictionary)