WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Daniel
- usage: (Old Testament) a youth who was taken into the court of Nebuchadnezzar and given divine protection when thrown into a den of lions (6th century BC)
- 2. Daniel, judge, justice, jurist
- usage: a wise and upright judge; "a Daniel come to judgment" -- Shakespeare
- 3. Daniel, Book of Daniel, Book of the Prophet Daniel
- usage: an Old Testament book that tells of the apocalyptic visions and the experiences of Daniel in the court of Nebuchadnezzar
All rights reserved.
See also: daniel (Dictionary)