Synonyms of darkness
- 1. dark, darkness, illumination
- usage: absence of light or illumination
- 2. darkness, dark, shadow, scene
- usage: an unilluminated area; "he moved off into the darkness"
- 3. iniquity, wickedness, darkness, dark, condition, status
- usage: absence of moral or spiritual values; "the powers of darkness"
- 4. dark, darkness, unenlightenment
- usage: an unenlightened state; "he was in the dark concerning their intentions"; "his lectures dispelled the darkness"
- 5. darkness, value
- usage: having a dark or somber color
- 6. darkness, duskiness, swarthiness, complexion, skin color, skin colour
- usage: a swarthy complexion
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of darkness (Dictionary)