Synonyms of dart
- 1. dart, projectile, missile
- usage: a small narrow pointed missile that is thrown or shot
- 2. dart, tuck
- usage: a tapered tuck made in dressmaking
- 3. flit, dart, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: a sudden quick movement
- 1. flit, flutter, fleet, dart, travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip
- usage: move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart; "The hummingbird flitted among the branches"
- 2. dart, dash, scoot, scud, flash, shoot, rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- usage: run or move very quickly or hastily; "She dashed into the yard"
- 3. dart, lunge, hurl, hurtle, thrust
- usage: move with sudden speed; "His forefinger darted in all directions as he spoke"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dart (Dictionary)